Report by Dr. Saul Ebema
The major reason we started Hospice Chaplaincy 6-years ago was to provide space and resources for Hospice Chaplains around the country. We started with a simple vision and had no idea how far we would go. But with your help, we have grown from strength to strength.
Our passion to provide quality resources and defend the profession has never waned. It’s safe to say, we are just getting started.
Here is what we’ve done with your help in the last three months.
- First chaplaincy group to break the news of the CMS changes made to Hospice Quality reporting program for 2021.
- Became partners with Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Developed the “Personhood” podcast series about Florence Wald and the Hospice Movement.
- Started the Second Season of the Hospice Chaplaincy Show with a 30% increase in global listenership and active in 45 countries.
- Partnership with CMS to promote a 1- minute commercial on COVID-19 safety on the Hospice Chaplaincy Show.
- Partnered with the Spiritual Care Association to promote their Caring for the Human Spirit Virtual Conference on 10 episodes of the Hospice Chaplaincy Show.
- Hosted 3 public and 5 private webinars on Plan Of Care Documentation that trained 271 chaplains around the country.
- Partnered with Wisconsin Hospice and Palliative Care Association to host a Plan of Care Webinar for Wisconsin hospice chaplains.
- Partnered with HopeHealth organization to host a webinar on Plan of Care Documentation for Chaplains in Rhode Island.
- Hosted a webinar on Hospice Chaplain Documentation.
- We recorded 2174 downloads of The Saul Ebema Initial Assessment Tool
- We recorded 5117 downloads of The Hospice Chaplaincy Competency checklist
- Assisted 48 chaplains secure jobs as hospice chaplains around the country.
- Provided 231 professional development courses and 171 of those courses were completed by chaplains.
- Publication of weekly new content to advance the hospice chaplain profession.
Hospice Chaplaincy is a national 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization.