In today’s episode, Saul talks to the legendary pediatric chaplain Paul Nash about the merits and values of Multifaith Chaplaincy.
Paul is the Chaplaincy manager and Spiritual Care Lead at Birmingham Women’s and Children’s Hospital in England. He is co-founder of the Paediatric Chaplaincy Network, Centre for Paediatric Spiritual Care and Convenor of the Grove Youth Series.
- That’s great! You can tell us how you are feeling’ – Mark, a recently severely physically disabled 11-year-old boy with a brain tumor in G. Fitchett and S. Nolan (eds), Case Studies in spiritual care. (with Liz Bryson and Sally Nash). JKP, 2018
- Chapter Holding the whispers in the dark in Skills for children’s work SCM 2019.
- What do pediatric chaplains do? Developing a taxonomy of chaplaincy with children and young people. (With Emma Roberts et al) Journal for Healthcare Chaplaincy, summer 2018.
- Coeditor, Skills for Pediatric chaplaincy, (with Mark Bartell and Sally Nash) JKP, April 2018.
- What is the distinctiveness of pediatric chaplaincy? Findings from a systematic review of the literature. (with Wilf McSherry) Health and Social Care Chaplaincy, 2017.
- A Machine Learning Approach to Evaluating Illness-Induced Religious Struggle (With Daniel Grossoehme et al) Biomedical Informatics Insights 2017.
- Chaplaincy with children and young people (with Nigel Roberts) Grove Youth Series, 2016.
- Editor, Supporting Families with Sick Children. Red Balloon Resources, 2016.
- Reflections on using metaphors in exploring spiritual and religious needs with young people with cancer and their families (with Sally Nash) Journal for the Study of Spirituality, 2015.
- The Chaplains – Reflecting on the BBC Two Television Series. Health and Social Care Chaplaincy, 2015.
- Spiritual care with sick children and young people (with Kathryn Darby and Sally Nash). JKP 2015.
- Multifaith care for sick and dying children: a multidisciplinary guide (with Madeleine Parkes and Zamir Hussain) JKP 2015.
- Parents’ Spiritual and Religious Needs in Young Oncology (with Kathryn Darby and Sally Nash). Cancer Nursing Practice, May 2014.
- Understanding and responding to the spiritual and religious needs of young people with cancer (with Kathryn Darby and Sally Nash. Cancer Nursing Practice, March 2014.
- Birmingham Children’s Hospital: Pediatric end of life care and bereavement pathway in Spirituality and End of Life Care (ed Peter Gilbert), Pavilion, 2013.
- The spiritual care of sick children: reflections from a pilot participation project (with Kathryn Darby and Sally Nash). International Journal of Children’s Spirituality, 2013.
- Editor Working with children and young people: Good Practice Guidelines for Healthcare Chaplains Red Balloon Resources, 2013.
- Coping through prayer, an empirical study in implicit religion concerning prayers for
children in hospital (with Tania Ap Sion). Mental Health, Religion and Culture, 2013.
- Supporting Dying Children and their Families, SPCK 2011.
- Tools for Reflective Ministry (with Sally Nash) SPCK 2009.
- Skills for Collaborative Ministry (with Sally Nash and Jo Pimlott) SPCK 2008.
- What Theology for Youth Work? Grove Youth Series, 2007.